Monday - 9AM - 5PM
Tuesday - 9AM - 5PM
Wednesday - 9AM - 5PM
Thursday - 9AM - 5PM
Friday - 9AM - 5PM
Saturday - Closed
Sunday - Closed
CLOSED FOR LUNCH 1PM - 2PM Monday - Friday
Full time courses in Ó Fiaich Institute of Further Education run from September - June
You can apply online to Ó Fiaich Institute of Further Education here. Applications for the each academic year will open from February 1st.
Please note a valid email address and mobile phone number must be given as all correspondence will be made via mobile phone and email.
Applications receive on or after the 9th May 2016 will not be interviewed until late August.
You will be told in your interview letter (sent by email) what you need to take to interview, you must take a reference with you from either a teacher or employer.
In the case of photography or art related courses you must also take a small portfolio of your work with you.
You will be asked at interview to complete a Garda Vetting application so please make sure you have a list of all previous addressed you have lived at.
All fee due dates are clearly listed on the offer letter.
Student Services: €30
PPC (Gov Levy) €200.00*( Exemptions may apply refer Note 1 hereunder)
Examination fees: QQI Level 5 €50 QQI Level 6 €60
Registration charges by professional bodies - These will be outlined under Additional fees for applicable courses.
Additional costs which may include: Books, Uniforms, /Clothing and Equipment (e.g. Chefs Knives etc.)
Note 1: The following categories of participant are exempt from paying the contribution:
- Full medical Card holders in their own right and their dependent children
- Those who are eligible under the student grant scheme
- Those in receipt of the Back to Education Allowance (BTEA)
The following courses have additional fees:
- Travel & Tourism: Amadeus - €245 Ready For Take Off €265 Total €465
- Holistic Health & Wellbeing - €445 ITEC Fee
- Beauty & Complimentary Therapies - €248 ITEC Fee
IMPORTANT NOTES TO REMEMBER:
- Your email address and mobile phone number must be CURRENT – Don’t use childish emails please.
- Garda Vetting is compulsory for all of Childcare, Nursing, Sports & Holistic Health and Wellbeing courses, know your previous addresses before you attend interview as you will be required to complete application. Please bring proof of identity.
- You will be notified by email or text about your interview, READ CAREFULLY – this outlines what you need to bring with you on the day of your interview.
- First Round Interviews take place in May
- First Round Offers are made in June
- Second Round Interviews take place in late August
- Second Round Offers are given immediately
- The PLC Student Contribution €200 – a mandatory Government Levy must be paid in full by Friday, 26th August 2016
- Those in receipt of Back to Education Allowance or SUSI Grant and/or holders of Full Irish Medical Card are EXEMPT from the PLC Student Contribution, proof of such is required.
PLC Courses 2016/17 begin on the 2nd Monday of September - 12th September, 2016