This course offers an opportunity to gain an advanced qualification specialising in Animal Science. The aim of this programme is to provide the learner with skills and experience required to work in animal care independently or in a management role. Participants are given the opportunity to enhance their qualification in this sector and further their career within this industry.
- Animal Science and Health
- Customer Service
- Work Experience
- Wild Animal Management
- Animal Grooming
- Animal Behaviour
- Kennel & Cattery Management
- Word Processing
- Safety and Health at Work
All our Level 5 PLC courses are open to school leavers (Leaving Cert/ Leaving Cert Applied Students/A Levels/GCSE or equivalent), QQI Level 4 graduates and mature applicants. A QQI Level 5 award is a prerequisite to access a Level 6 programme.
Progression To Degrees
DkIT | Veterinary Nursing | Level 7
DkIT | Science/Agricultural Science | Level 8
AIT | Veterinary Nursing | Level 7
LYIT | Veterinary Nursing | Level 7
UCD | Veterinary Nursing | Level 8
UCD | Agricultural Science | Level 8
UCC| Zoology | Level 8
Graduates progress to employment in various areas including:
Veterinary assistant | Dog groomer | Zookeeper Assistant | Dog Warden | Boarding Kennels Owner/ Assistant| Animal Rescue Assistant
2021-22 Course Fees
Note - Some courses may require the learner to purchase relevant industry-specific material for their own use which may not be included in the list of course fees.
€30 of Enrolment Fees are Non-Refundable. All fees subject to change.
The following categories of participant are exempt from paying the PLC Government Levy:
- Medical Card/SUSI Grant/Back to Education Allowance Holders may be exempted from PLC Government Levy. Documentary Evidence must be presented immediately to avail of such exemptions.
- Medical Card/Back to Education Allowance Holders may be exempted from QQI Exam Fees. Documentary Evidence must be presented immediately to avail of such exemptions.
Enquire About A Course