The aim of this programme is to provide the learner with the opportunity to acquire the knowledge, skills and competence to work independently and/or in a management or supervisory role within animal related industries.
- Animal Science and Health
- Customer Service
- Work Experience
- Word Processing
- Wild Animal Management
- Animal Grooming
- Animal Behaviour
- Kennel & Cattery Management
- Safety and Health at Work
All our Level 5 PLC courses are open to school leavers (Leaving Cert/ Leaving Cert Applied Students/A Levels/GCSE or equivalent), QQI Level 4 graduates and mature applicants. A QQI Level 5 award is a prerequisite to access a Level 6 programme.
Progression To Degrees
DkIT | Veterinary Nursing | Level 7
DkIT | Science/Agricultural Science | Level 8
AIT | Veterinary Nursing | Level 7
LYIT | Veterinary Nursing | Level 7
UCD | Veterinary Nursing | Level 8
UCD | Agricultural Science | Level 8
UCC| Zoology | Level 8
Graduates progress to employment in various areas including:
Veterinary assistant | Dog groomer | Zookeeper Assistant | Dog Warden | Boarding Kennels Owner/ Assistant| Animal Rescue Assistant
2020-21 Course Fees
Note - Some courses may require the learner to purchase relevant industry-specific material for their own use which may not be included in the list of course fees.
€30 of Enrolment Fees are Non-Refundable. All fees subject to change.
The following categories of participant are exempt from paying the PLC Government Levy:
- Medical Card/SUSI Grant/Back to Education Allowance Holders may be exempted from PLC Government Levy. Documentary Evidence must be presented immediately to avail of such exemptions.
- Medical Card/Back to Education Allowance Holders may be exempted from QQI Exam Fees. Documentary Evidence must be presented immediately to avail of such exemptions.