The Community and Youth Development programme accommodates students who want to explore a variety of modules relating to community and youth work sector, helping them gain the skill, knowledge and competence to work effectively in a range of community development work settings. This programme will suit anyone who wants to work with young people in a range of community and youth-based settings.
- Working with Groups
- Understanding Community Development
- Community Development Practice
- Work Experience
- Young People and Society
- Community Addiction Studies
- Social Studies
All our Level 5 PLC courses are open to school leavers (Leaving Cert/ Leaving Cert Applied Students/A Levels/GCSE or equivalent), QQI Level 4 graduates and mature applicants. A QQI Level 5 award is a prerequisite to access a Level 6 programme.
DCU | Social Sciences and Cultural Innovation | Level 8
WIT | Applied Healthcare | Level 7
DKIT/AIT | Social Care |Level 8
DCU | Arts & Humanities | Level 8
AIT | Veterinary Nursing | Level 7
DKIT | Digital Humanities | Level 8
DKIT/AIT | Early Years Care & Education | Level 7
Career Opportunities & Progression Routes
Graduates progress to employment in various areas including:
Following the successful completion of the Community and Youth Development programme, students may undertake a degree programme. Others may join local community development organisations such as :
The Simon Community Dundalk, Social Inclusion and Community Activiation Programme, Louth Sports Partnership and Louth Age Friendly.
2020-21 Course Fees
Note - Some courses may require the learner to purchase relevant industry-specific material for their own use which may not be included in the list of course fees.
€30 of Enrolment Fees are Non-Refundable. All fees subject to change.
The following categories of participant are exempt from paying the PLC Government Levy:
- Medical Card/SUSI Grant/Back to Education Allowance Holders may be exempted from PLC Government Levy. Documentary Evidence must be presented immediately to avail of such exemptions.
- Medical Card/Back to Education Allowance Holders may be exempted from QQI Exam Fees. Documentary Evidence must be presented immediately to avail of such exemptions.