This one year course aims to provide students with the in-depth knowledge of child development and learning, along with quality supervisory skills and competence to work as a supervisor in an Early Childhood Care and Education setting. Graduates can progress directly into employment in the Early Years Services or gain entry to third level degree courses at Universities and ITs.
- Supervision in Early Childhood Care
- Early Childhood Curriculum
- Early Learning Environment
- Childhood Social, Legal and Health Studies
- Child Development
- Child Psychology
- Work Experience
- Special Needs Assisting
A QQI Level 5 award in Early Childhood Care & Education or equivalent is a prerequisite to access this Level 6 programme.
Progression To Degrees
DkIT | Early Childhood Studies | Level 8 (Advanced Entry)
IT Carlow | Early Childhood Education & Care | Level 8
Maynooth University | Arts/Psychology/Social Science | Level 8
Maynooth University Early Childhood Teaching & Learning (part-time) | Level 8
DCU | Early Childhood Education | Level 8
NUI Galway | Arts (Children’s Studies) | Level 8
Graduates progress to employment in various areas including:
Early Years Room Leader | Childcare Practitioner in Crèche/Playgroups | Pre-School Room Leader | Private Childcare Settings | Au Pair | Montessori & ECCE Teacher
2020-21 Course Fees
Note - Some courses may require the learner to purchase relevant industry-specific material for their own use which may not be included in the list of course fees.
€30 of Enrolment Fees are Non-Refundable. All fees subject to change.
The following categories of participant are exempt from paying the PLC Government Levy:
- Medical Card/SUSI Grant/Back to Education Allowance Holders may be exempted from PLC Government Levy. Documentary Evidence must be presented immediately to avail of such exemptions.
- Medical Card/Back to Education Allowance Holders may be exempted from QQI Exam Fees. Documentary Evidence must be presented immediately to avail of such exemptions.