Have you a passion for fashion or have a keen interest in buying or selling goods? This course provides an introduction to the fundamental skills around entrepreneurship and starting your own business. You will gain exposure to the retail industry learning vital skills such as negotiating, selling and marketing and developing retail displays.
- Accounting Manual and Computerised
- Human Resources
- Payroll Manual and Computerised
- Applied Economics
- Business Administration Skills
- Business Law
- Work Experience
- Spreadsheet Methods
All our Level 5 PLC courses are open to school leavers (Leaving Cert/ Leaving Cert Applied Students/A Levels/GCSE or equivalent), QQI Level 4 graduates and mature applicants. A QQI Level 5 award is a prerequisite to access a Level 6 programme.
Progression To Degrees
Graduates can progress to a variety of degree programmes including:
DCU/DkIT | Accounting & Finance | Level 8
Maynooth University | Business and Accounting | Level 8
NUI Galway | Law & Business | Level 8
UCD | Commerce | Level 8
UCD | Business and Law | Level 8
GMIT | Human Resource Management | Level 7
Dundalk IT | Business Studies | Level 8
DCU | Business Studies | Level 8
Graduates progress to employment in various areas including:
Accountancy Practices l Business Administration Roles | Project Manager | Financial Clerical Officer | Accounts Administrator | Payroll Clerk | Funds Manager | HR Administrator
Ireland is the 4th largest provider of Financial Services in the EU
2020-21 Course Fees
Note - Some courses may require the learner to purchase relevant industry-specific material for their own use which may not be included in the list of course fees.
€30 of Enrolment Fees are Non-Refundable. All fees subject to change.
The following categories of participant are exempt from paying the PLC Government Levy:
- Medical Card/SUSI Grant/Back to Education Allowance Holders may be exempted from PLC Government Levy. Documentary Evidence must be presented immediately to avail of such exemptions.
- Medical Card/Back to Education Allowance Holders may be exempted from QQI Exam Fees. Documentary Evidence must be presented immediately to avail of such exemptions.