If you have a flair for numbers or enjoy working with finances then this course is for you. It is designed to deliver the skills, knowledge and competencies required to assist in financial and human resource management. This course can be used to gain direct employment within public service or private organisations, as well as accessing degree programmes.
- Accounting Manual and Computerised
- Human Resources
- Payroll Manual and Computerised
- Applied Economics
- Business Administration Skills
- Business Law
- Work Experience
- Spreadsheet Methods
All our Level 5 PLC courses are open to school leavers (Leaving Cert/ Leaving Cert Applied Students/A Levels/GCSE or equivalent), QQI Level 4 graduates and mature applicants. A QQI Level 5 award is a prerequisite to access a Level 6 programme.
Progression To Degrees
DCU/DkIT | Accounting & Finance | Level 8
NUI Maynooth| Business and Accounting | Level 8
NUI Galway | Law & Business | Level 8
UCD | Commerce | Level 8
UCD | Business and Law | Level 8
GMIT | Human Resource Management | Level 7
Dundalk IT | Business Studies | Level 8
DCU | Business Studies | Level 8
Career Opportunities & Progression Routes
The course will allow successful candidates to seek employment in various roles including:
Accountancy Practices l Business Administration Roles | Project Manager | Financial Clerical Officer | Accounts Administrator | Payroll Clerk | Funds Manager | HR Administrator
2021-22 Course Fees
Note - Some courses may require the learner to purchase relevant industry-specific material for their own use which may not be included in the list of course fees.
€30 of Enrolment Fees are Non-Refundable. All fees subject to change.
The following categories of participant are exempt from paying the PLC Government Levy:
- Medical Card/SUSI Grant/Back to Education Allowance Holders may be exempted from PLC Government Levy. Documentary Evidence must be presented immediately to avail of such exemptions.
- Medical Card/Back to Education Allowance Holders may be exempted from QQI Exam Fees. Documentary Evidence must be presented immediately to avail of such exemptions.