Strength and Conditioning has become a key consideration for all sports in the last decade. This course aims to prepare participants for work in sports conditioning and exercise performance roles. The learner will be introduced to the principle of planning strength and conditioning sessions for athletes in a variety of different sports and exercise settings.
- Sport & Recreation Studies
- Exercise & Fitness
- Work Experience
- Communications Sports Nutrition
- Sports Anatomy & Physiology
- Sports Injury Prevention
- Word Processing
- Occupational First Aid
- Planning and Instructing Strength & Conditioning Session
- Functional Movement Screening (FMS)
- Fitness Testing Technology in Sport
- Speed Development
- Endurance Development
ITEC level 2 Award in Instructing Strength & Conditioning Sessions
All our Level 5 PLC courses are open to school leavers (Leaving Cert/ Leaving Cert Applied Students/A Levels/GCSE or equivalent), QQI Level 4 graduates and mature applicants. A QQI Level 5 award is a prerequisite to access a Level 6 programme.
Progression To Degrees
IT Carlow | Strength & Conditioning | Level 8
LIT – Thurles | Strength & Conditioning | Level 7 & Level 8
AIT | Sports Science with Exercise Physiology | Level 8
GMIT | Sports & Exercise Science | Level 8
DkIT | Health and Physical Activity | Level 8
DkIT | Sports, Exercise and Enterprise | Level 7
Graduates progress to employment in various areas including:
Strength & Conditioning Coach | Fitness Instructor | Fitness & Conditioning Coach for Sports Teams | Leisure Attendant | Intern with Exercise Professionals | Fitness Assessor | Private Practice | Performance Analyst
In a recent survey of worldwide fitness trends, the American College of Sports Medicine found that demand for strength-training experts was one of the top five most promising employment trends over the past few years.
Additionally, functional fitness and strength training has consistently scored as a leading fitness movement in a worldwide survey of fitness trends over the last 5 years.
Why not develop a career in a space that is becoming more and more popular nationally and internationally?
2021-22 Course Fees
Note - Some courses may require the learner to purchase relevant industry-specific material for their own use which may not be included in the list of course fees.
€30 of Enrolment Fees are Non-Refundable. All fees subject to change.
The following categories of participant are exempt from paying the PLC Government Levy:
- Medical Card/SUSI Grant/Back to Education Allowance Holders may be exempted from PLC Government Levy. Documentary Evidence must be presented immediately to avail of such exemptions.
- Medical Card/Back to Education Allowance Holders may be exempted from QQI Exam Fees. Documentary Evidence must be presented immediately to avail of such exemptions.