This one year course is designed to facilitate those wishing to pursue a career in the hairdressing industry. Kick-start your career in the hair and beauty industry and gain the skills required to in run and manage a working salon.
- Hairdressing Theory & Practice
- Hairdressing Science
- Creative Styling
- Work Experience
- Customer Service
- Reception and Front Office Skills
- Safety and Health At Work
State Examinations Commission Junior Trades
All our Level 5 PLC courses are open to school leavers (Leaving Cert/ Leaving Cert Applied Students/A Levels/GCSE or equivalent), QQI Level 4 graduates and mature applicants. A QQI Level 5 award is a prerequisite to access a Level 6 programme.
Learners can progress to study various related courses in OFI including Makeup Artistry, Hairdressing, Holistic Health and Wellbeing or Advanced Beauty Therapy. Learners may also progress to specialist programmes to gain a tutor qualification in this area in a variety of colleges in Ireland and the UK.
Career Opportunities & Progression Routes
Graduates progress to employment in various areas including:
Hair Stylist l Barbering l Image Consultant | Film, Theatre and TV Hair Specialist Stylist | Product & Equipment Sales Representative | Salon Manager | Hairdressing Tutor | Cruise Ships| Salon Owner
2021-22 Course Fees
Note - Some courses may require the learner to purchase relevant industry-specific material for their own use which may not be included in the list of course fees.
€30 of Enrolment Fees are Non-Refundable. All fees subject to change.
The following categories of participant are exempt from paying the PLC Government Levy:
- Medical Card/SUSI Grant/Back to Education Allowance Holders may be exempted from PLC Government Levy. Documentary Evidence must be presented immediately to avail of such exemptions.
- Medical Card/Back to Education Allowance Holders may be exempted from QQI Exam Fees. Documentary Evidence must be presented immediately to avail of such exemptions.
Enquire About A Course