ITEC Diploma in Fashion, Theatre and Media Makeup
ITEC Makeup - Unit 10.
This is the foundation module of any Makeup Artistry course and is essential when trying to obtain work within the industry. The syllabus covers mood-board and face chart creation, client care and consultation, skin care to include cleanse, tone and moisturise, skin types and tones, characteristics and conditions, skin diseases and disorders, how to prep the skin for different types of makeup application, contour and highlight for each face, eye, lip and nose shape, lighting and colour theory and cosmetic science.
Looks include -
- Day Makeup
- Evening Makeup
- Special Occasion Makeup
- Bridal Makeup High Fashion and Photographic Makeup
ITEC Unit 41 -
Fashion Theatre & Media Makeup. This module is exclusively tailored to cover every aspect of Fashion, Theatre, TV, Film & Special Effects Make up. You will create makeup looks for catalogue, portrait, catwalk & black and white. You will also create makeup looks for the theatre to include highlighting & shading, waterproofing & body make up. To prepare you to work as a make-up artist in TV & Film you will learn costume & co-ordinating make-up & hair, period make up, false. hair, production & script requirements.
Looks include -
- The history of 16th -20th century, 1920’s to 1990’s decade makeup
- Egyptian, Arabic, Bollywood, Oriental/Geisha, and Balletic makeup
- Fantasy and Fairy-tale make-up
- Makeup for editorial and commercial use
- Catwalk, High fashion and Avant Garde make-up
- Makeup for colour and black and white photography
- Basic SFX to include ageing of the face, hands and neck
- Bald cap characters
- Character design and creation
ITEC Unit 42
Special Effects. This module provides tuition in creating fantasy characters using crepe hair application, construction and application of bald caps, blocking out of eyebrows, wigs costumes and prosthetics. In addition, the module will develop your fashion eye, allowing you to design cutting edge fashion looks for catwalk and editorial work with ease & confidence.
ITEC Unit 22
- Professional Conduct and Business Awareness
- Anatomy and physiology QQI Level 5
- Communications. QQI Level 5
- Digital and Media Marketing. QQI Level 5
- First aid
This ITEC course provides you with the skills required for this exciting and challenging industry. This all rounded creative full-time course is specifically designed to equip you with the necessary tools to work in all areas of Fashion, TV and Media Makeup. Once completed, the employment opportunities can range in fashion - brands, catwalk, commercial and editorial, retail sales through to freelance bridal and special occasion makeup.
This course is aimed at students who have completed the Leaving Certificate, Leaving Certificate Applied, Leaving Certificate Vocational and mature students
ITEC EXAM FEES €115 plus student kit - cost to be confirmed.
All our Beauty and Holistic programmes are located off the main OFI campus in a separate centre called Robin House. This centre is located beside Aldi; adjacent to DPL in Dundalk. See Google Map details below:
Note - This course is subject to funding and sanction
- Course Co-Ordinator Emma jane Lambe
Student Services Costs:
Government Levy (PPC)
The following categories of participant are exempt from paying the Government Levy (PPC):
- Full medical Card holders in their own right and their dependent children
- Those who are eligible under the student grant scheme
- Those in receipt of the Back to Education Allowance (BTEA)
QQI Certification Charge:
QQI Level 5 €50 QQI Level 6 €80
Fees charged by professional bodies - These will be outlined under Additional fees for applicable courses.
Additional costs which may include: Books, uniforms, equipment and trips.