The Pre-University Nursing Studies with Midwifery Option is a one-year course for students wishing to train as Nurses both here in Ireland and in the UK. Students achieving good grades during this course can apply to gain entry to Nursing Degree courses through the QQI entry system. It provides a solid foundation in Nursing theory and practice and allows students to accurately assess their suitability for a career in nursing. Applications are also invited from mature students wishing to pursue a career in nursing.
- Nursing Theory and Practice
- Care Provision and Practice
- Maternity Care Support
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Human Growth and Development
- Work Experience
- Safety and Health at Work
- First Aid Responder
- Patient Handling
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
All our Level 5 PLC courses are open to school leavers (Leaving Cert/ Leaving Cert Applied Students/A Levels/GCSE or equivalent), QQI Level 4 graduates and mature applicants. A QQI Level 5 award is a prerequisite to access a Level 6 programme.
Progression To Degrees
DkIT | General Nursing | Level 8
DkIT | Midwifery | Level 8
DkIT | Mental Health Nursing | Level 8
AIT | General Nursing | Level 8
DCU | General Nursing | Level 8
DCU | Children’s and General Nursing (Integrated) | Level 8
UCD | General Nursing | Level 8
UCAS | Nursing Degree throughout the UK | Level 8
Graduates progress to employment in various areas including:
Healthcare Support l Community Care l Elderly Care l Youth and Community Work l Health Science l Social Care l Health and Fitness l Early Childhood Education
2020-21 Course Fees
Note - Some courses may require the learner to purchase relevant industry-specific material for their own use which may not be included in the list of course fees.
€30 of Enrolment Fees are Non-Refundable. All fees subject to change.
The following categories of participant are exempt from paying the PLC Government Levy:
- Medical Card/SUSI Grant/Back to Education Allowance Holders may be exempted from PLC Government Levy. Documentary Evidence must be presented immediately to avail of such exemptions.
- Medical Card/Back to Education Allowance Holders may be exempted from QQI Exam Fees. Documentary Evidence must be presented immediately to avail of such exemptions.